Friday, February 24, 2012

That Terrible Topic

It came up again tonight...

That Terrible Topic...

That "M" word that gets bandied around so much.

....you guessed it....

"Maintenance"...

For some reason, it has crossed Steven's mind that perhaps I need it.



Who, me? Never...

Nonetheless...despite my PERSONAL opinion on the subject...it keeps coming up. I think it's because he's noticed a rather unhappy trend--every....oh, I don't know...three or four days, I start pushing some boundaries. Not a huge line or anything, but it's kind of an antsy feeling.

Let me be perfectly clear: being in trouble sucks, I would never pursue it, challenge him intentionally, or anything like that...

It's just...things start seeming easy. I get a little full of myself, proud that I've made it so far, confident that I can EASILY make it another...oh, forever or so.

And, then, before I know it: BAM! I'm being spanked, before I can even blink. Cue outraged, how has this *happened* to me??

Anyway, long story short, we were chatting in the car, and I said something about not being in trouble in *ages*, and it just kind of went from there. He's given it two weeks to think about, and I just don't know how to feel about it.



So, I was busy trying to dissuade him and so on, and the only response I got was:

"Fine. We'll just go ahead and decide to do. Every night. At nine."

How frustrating a response is that???

So, naturally, I backpedaled hardcore and have so escaped THAT fate...gah, I'd die if I got spanked every day....

So, now we're back to two weeks of "mulling over logistics and necessities"...

UGH!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I still read about M with very still nerves. I don't really understand it. One of the ladies actually said it calms and centers her. I hate being in trouble so I just can't see it (yet) but if it works for them, then yay!

    I'm all for anything that will keep the peace in my home. And it feels like things do come in cycles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think even I would change my mind about spanking if it happened every night lol! But maintenance, when it's consistent, does work. For the majority I'd say anyways :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace,
    It has done wonders for us...maintenance has. It has also taken a ton of work to figure out how and when to use it, what kind of responses we were looking for etc. I has undoubtedly lessened the number of punishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean...it's one of those things, I guess. I can see where it SHOULD work. I can even legitimately see it WORKING. But...geez...having a set time for spanking? Every week, regardless? That's just...well, that's just a little bit scary for me.

    ReplyDelete