Good news all around!! YAY!
First and foremost--we have a new addition to our little family! Steven has graciously consented(Against his better judgment), to let me get a Great Dane.
See, I work in a deli, and you'd be flat amazed at all the things people come in and tell you. I was there the other day, and this woman came in. She was talking about her daughter's Great Dane, who was living with a little dog, just the two of them, in a mobile home. The owners would stop in and drop off food and spend time with him, but due to a family situation, were unable to really spend as much time and attention as both they and he would like. Sooooo....when she said they were trying to find a good home for him....
I begged.
I pleaded.
I swore to be good for all time.
I vowed to finish my papers, my lines.
I offered to take a spanking for it. (Thankfully, he declined this particular invitation).
Anything to let me have this dog. So, now...we are the proud of owners of, not one, but two dogs--a Boxer and a Great Dane--and a cat.
He's six years old, and his previous family called him Blue. I'd love to change it, but I'm not at all sure what to call him. Obviously, Blue is on the first two cushions, and Diesel is on the last. You can't tell for sure...but within the next twenty seconds...he was gnawing on Blue's tail. Fortunately, he fits the cliched "Gentle Giant" name and is MADE of patience. :)
On other good news...
Three days without a spanking...
Three days and counting. :)
I begged.
I pleaded.
I swore to be good for all time.
I vowed to finish my papers, my lines.
I offered to take a spanking for it. (Thankfully, he declined this particular invitation).
Anything to let me have this dog. So, now...we are the proud of owners of, not one, but two dogs--a Boxer and a Great Dane--and a cat.
He's six years old, and his previous family called him Blue. I'd love to change it, but I'm not at all sure what to call him. Obviously, Blue is on the first two cushions, and Diesel is on the last. You can't tell for sure...but within the next twenty seconds...he was gnawing on Blue's tail. Fortunately, he fits the cliched "Gentle Giant" name and is MADE of patience. :)
On other good news...
Three days without a spanking...
Three days and counting. :)

He looks very settled already :) 3 days? Well done. But remember, you swore to be good for all time :) lol
ReplyDeleteDee x
Hi GA...can I call you GA for short...LOL? I just found your blog. Welcome to blogging!
ReplyDeleteYes, did you really say that you would be good for all time?
Yes, she did swear to that... Not sure how entirely I can hold her to it... we all know better. lol
ReplyDeleteSteven
Hey, hey, now!! You never know! Maybe I can pull off this "all time" thing after all! :p
ReplyDelete