Now, obviously, the house looks different with Steven and I here than it did when it belonged to her. Yet, when I look around, it's often bittersweet for me. I see things that remind me of something we did together, or I find something of hers, and it pangs. We even use her old potato masher!
But, probably the thing that reminds me the most of her--
Isn't a masher.
Isn't a room.
Isn't a book or a picture.
It's a tree.
When I was very young, my dad clambered up into it and hung me a tire swing. I adored that thing, but the only other person who felt the same...
Was Mamaw.
And we'd go out and swing and swing and swing forEVER.
Well, the other day, I made some comment to Steven(who never met her) about missing her, and told him about the swing. (Now, of course, it's gone.)
The man didn't bat an eye. "You want one?"
"Want one what?"
"A tire swing in that tree." I, naturally, was thrilled and excited and immediately said of course I did.
And, you know, the more I think about that, the more touching it seems to me. He really is just too good to me. I doubt he even realizes how much a silly ol' tire swing in a tree means to me.
On a more negative note--the more I think about it--the more I hate writing lines and papers. Unfortunately, Steven has discovered that if I 'm writing it, I'm thinking about it. And, that's simply more effective punishment for me. If I'm writing lines(or papers--I currently have two due...but that's definitely for another post), I'm considering what I've done.
I hate that. I'm one who likes to have done whatever I've done, be spanked(much as I hate that), and move right along and not think twice about it again.
And, this doesn't allow me to do that...
And, the more I think about it...
The more I hate that.
But...
I have some papers to finish.
I think the tire swing thing is very sweet too :)
ReplyDeleteAs for lines, unfortunatly it's true, it does seem to 'stick' more having to write things down. It's sooooo time consuming though!!!!
Dee x
I mean...I agree it sticks, but UGH, it takes FOREVER!!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, First I LOVE your kitty pictures. I'm a cat person. I also enjoyed reading the first few posts so far. I can totally relate to him making one comment and going from ok to furious in nothing flat. That's my biggest challenge. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing. ~M
ReplyDeleteWell, thanks! I'm a complete sucker for lolcats...not gonna lie, lol. I'm glad you're enjoying it; I've founded blogging my thoughts to be quite helpful, especially getting responses and such. Not that I keep my thoughts under lock and key anyway, lol...but it's nice to have somewhere to send them and put them to bed, ya know? :)
Delete