Saturday, April 14, 2012

Close Call :P

 We have a new addition to our little family...a beautiful little black kitten named Amos. His best friend is Blue-dog, and he slept curled up in the crook of our Dane's leg last night. All in all, he's super cute.

Our running joke is that I pick the best pets---and the way I do it is to choose the one "getting into stuff".

BUT...

Maybe you're wondering why a sweet little brother for the boys would be a close call?

Aheh..

Well, see...Diesel, the boxer? I just brought him home, the day after Christmas. Steven spanked me, and then adjusted and grew to love the little guy.

Rue-baby, our other cat, showed up a few weeks after that...again, with little to no warning. Another spanking. OUCH.

And, then, Bluedog I sort of asked about...but we had an appointment to meet him before we were in the "all-clear" stage...Since I asked, though, I escaped a spanking.

And, Amos...

I sort of just went and picked up. I called Steven to tell him something(he was at work), and he heard Amos in the background, mewing.

"...Grace...where are you?"

"I'm in my car. Why?"Cue innocent smile...even though he couldn't see me.

"What is that sound?"

"Uhm, what sound?"

"You know. The one that sounds like a kitten."

"OH, that sound. 'M not sure...it being a kitten would be...crazy..." slightly hysterical giggle.

"Yes. Yes, it would be crazy."



Fast-forward. Was a bit sick yesterday, so I stayed for a while with my mom, since Steven was going to be out late. When we got home, Amos was so sweet and funny and cute. I was too sick to be spanked by that point, with a 101 fever.

Then, this morning...

"Are you going to spank me?"

"I don't know. I probably should."

Grin.

"But, you aren't going to..?"

Pause.

"No. Not this time."

Talk about your close calls! :) I'll put a pic up of the boys soon.


4 comments:

  1. That was a close call for sure! Can't wait to see a picture of little Amos! Hope you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittens and puppies are VERY hard to resist, even by the strongest of HOH. He probably knows by now the spankings aren't going to make a difference, by the time he sees the little guys, he can't resist either. God Bless You and ALL of you, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he he is learning that a spanking isn't going to sway you from the sweet innocent faces of the little pets you find. Your heart is bigger then most. Lol Sorry you were sick but glad that you didn't get in trouble

    ReplyDelete