Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bring It On!

Thank God.

I have to say, they were awful. The endless conversation, with me over his knee, naturally...sucked. But, you know...we're better. He talked me through it, he walked me through it. He forgave me totally and completely and without reserve.

He's a saint, my man.

He's been super affectionate, constantly wheeling me around for a kiss, his hand never gone from mine or from my waist. He's been super snuggly, and amazingly sweet.



Like, it's soooo over...

Which, before DD...would have been impossible. I doubt we've ever had a fight quite of this magnitude. There was screaming and slapping(ok, only once, on my part...the rest was on his, to a very sensitive rear, so it may n not count). There were tears and turning around to walk out. There was withdrawal and wise-cracks. Sarcasm and separation. It was ugly all around. I said more than a dozen hurtful things...Stormy calls them "throwing bombs", and I've yet to find a better way to put it.

But, he spanked me, and it's over.

And that blows my mind. He just...forgives me. Poof. It still amazes me. Even after several months of DD(not forever, by any stretch of the imagination...but you'd think it was long enough to grasp the concept of misdeed, discussion, punishment, forgiveness, progression...), it still is mind-boggling to me.

I started my streak over by the way. I'm doing just fine. I haven't been spanked, and I've loved it.

He's been all about warnings and helping stay doing well, too. It's been a really close, sweet time for us. And  , I'm loving it. Here's to hoping it continues on like this, smooth sailing, for quite a while.

Bring it on, Month. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yep, done, over--never to be brought back up again. It's one of the very best things about Dd.

    A whole month! You can do it Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in you,I tease you but,but I believe. So glad all is well in youville. Relish the peace and closeness...I want some. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something that amazes me, too. I've never had this kind of forgiveness in my long life. I spent a long time with Ward waiting for the other shoe to drop...but there is no other shoe. How fortunate are we?

    ReplyDelete