This has been one of the longest, hardest weeks EVER. It started with, quite possibly, one of the stupidest decisions I think I've ever made. After a certain someone(ahem, STEVEN) said no to getting another dog, a puppy appeared in the bathroom. It was SUPPOSED to be a little pit bull puppy...but, (going against another rule) I craigslisted alone and was totally scammed. It was a jack-russel mix. But, once he was there....what could I do, right???
So, while Steven was at work, I stuck a post-it note on the bathroom door(the room the dog was in): "Hi, Daddy!! Please don't kill Mommy. I love you! I hope you love me, too!!" And left...
It was bright and happy and..itt went over SOOO well. So well, in fact, that I got spanked, we started maintenance, he ordered a paddle, I was grounded from the computer for a few days, blogging for a week, the network for two weeks, and everything ELSE DD related for three weeks. Plus, I had to take the dog back. And, I didn't even get my money back.
Now. Let me just be clear for a second. I SUCK at being grounded. I hate it. It chafes, and I find it very difficult to stay on restriction. So. I have been quite thoroughly spanked for the attitude that I get from being grounded...every day this week. Yep. You read that right. Every single stinkin' day.
It didn't help that I haven't slept well for most of the week. That started, largely, because of the storms my area is experiencing. I'm petrified of storms, and I'm not gonna lie--I spent more than a few minutes curled up under the bed with Blue-dog, under the guise of chilling him out...poor guy is even more afraid than I am. I won't deny, though, that he was quite comforting in his own right.
But, then, (though this is good news, it still didn't help the sleep issue) I didn't get any sleep one night because....
TAH-DAH!!
My sister had a baby. My first nephew. It was a long, hard labor, and I spent the parts of the night that I wasn't at the hospital, waiting up for a phone call to see how she was doing. He's a beautiful baby boy, 7lbs, 12 oz, 21 inches...and I couldn't possibly be more excited!!
But...that brought up the age-old argument with us--the marriage thing...
Long story short?
I want to be married. Badly. I feel like we're living together, sharing finances, have DD, have pets, sleep together, etc...we should have that little certificate.
Steven disagrees. He says we're too young to be married.
I say we're living like we are...why not make it official?
So, you can add that to the list of things we've argued about this week. Plus, I was so upset and stressed and exhausted, I broke another cardinal rule: I turned my phone off, went for a drive, and smoked. So, hello spanking at 2 am. UGH! I swear...I just want to go to bed and sleep for a week, and see if that changes things.
Sounds like you had an awful week. I hope you have a better week this week. If it makes you feel any better about the issue of the dog... Blue-dog may be thankful... I can not imagine the hyperness of a Jack Russel with the strength of a Pit Bull. It may have been quite a handful. Congratulations on your new addition to your extended family. God Bless You All, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a rough week. I bought a puppy once after he told me NO. Thank God this was before dd. Yikes.
ReplyDeleteWell I have to say I think he's wrong- you aren't too young to get married. He is in the position to decide, however, since you moved in before he married you. Im sorry you are not on the same page and I can see why it would be cause for argument. Best wishes..
I'm afraid this week isn't looking up so far. Belle, we took the pitty puppy back. Thanks for the well-wishes, guys.
ReplyDeleteDunno how old you are, but I doubt it's too young to be married, especially if you're doing everything like married people do.
ReplyDelete