Saturday, March 30, 2013

Today

I know I've aleady posted today. I do. I know that, later, I might regret posting again, especially since this won't be a happy-go-lucky-look-how-good-we're-doing post.

I'm not ready to say what brought this all up again for me.

It's not important, it's not pertinent.

Today is a day where my head keeps telling the rest of me that I'm not worth it.


That I've gained weight, that I'm not wanted.

That I'm broken, defective, not good enough.

Today I feel sure that every time in the past Steven's eyes strayed, I surely deserved it.

I was working too much, I was gone all the time; when I was home, even if he had wanted it, I was too tired to be willing to put out.

I goaded for fights, anything to drag my own head out of the strain and monotony of working and coming home and sleeping and getting up to try and clean, but watching my house pile up around me. Watching the puppy having accidents in the house while I was gone or asleep that sat, cold and reeking, waiting on me to pick it up.

I don't care if the house falls through.

Maybe it's better if it does.

Who's to say?

After all, I'm working all the time again. I'm still putting on weight, because, seriously, who has the time for a diet and exercise right now?

I wish I looked how I did when we first got together.

So, what's different now?

Easter Twix bars have been calling my name.

My mom wants me to go to church with her in the morning. I want to. I feel hypocritcal sitting on that chair, wishing for an innocence that was gone a long, long time ago, but I crave it. Hearing the songs that I pray every day are still true for me.

"When Satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within, upwards I look and see Him there, who made an end to all my sin."


But, then all the whispers in my own head: I can't even make a regular guy want me, why would sheer Perfection?



I know it's grace.

Today, I hate my name.

I hope Tomorrow is different.

For now?

I'm going to take a shower.

9 comments:

  1. Easter is all about resurrection. So tomorrow resurrect from the ashes of today to your glorious self tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The really cool thing about Perfection is that Perfection loves everybody and you don't have to do anything but let yourself be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Grace, Get through today and start tomorrow fresh :)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A church building isn't a place where people go to show how "worthy" they are. It's a place to come worship the one who saved us because none of us could ever be worthy. It's a place to get much needed help from the hard things of the world. It's a place to fellowship with others, encourage one another, pray with one another, and a place to Praise God. God loves us more than anyone, cherishes us more than anyone. He promised that "if two or more are gathered in His name, there He will be also." It's a place where we can come to God, as His church. His children are His church, not the building. Only Satan wants you to feel out of place. He hates God so much that he doesn't want Him to have praise. Go with your mom and praise the one who knew you before anyone else, and who loved you then and now. May you have an absolutely wonderful Easter. God bless you, -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling Grace...we don't 'make' anyone love or accept us. You are loved and accepted by God, Steve and all of us in blog land because you are a loving, giving, wonderful woman...Belle stated it beautifully above...please go read her words again and then go read Ward's post http://the50sdish.blogspot.com/2013/03/self-image.html.

    Sending lots of hugs, prayers, positive and healing energy your way.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs Grace. Can I just repeat what Cat said. You are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hoping you are doing better Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl,you and me both sometimes. I know you are busy. I know your phone...but email me. We need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, guys, for all the encouragment and sweet concern and definitely for all the prayers. Thankfully, things are definitely starting to look up. Church was a wonderful, sweet release for me. It was the brightest I'd felt in a long time, right when I felt the lowest.

    Jillian Bea, dear, my phone has also been found. Call me. Text me, whichever--I don't work today much. :)

    ReplyDelete