Friday, March 22, 2013

I Feel Frazzled...Duz I Look Frazzled

"Babe....Baaaaabbbbbbyyyyyy......Hey, hey, babe!" A jab to the ribs, (supposedly a tickle...I question.) A swat. A kiss. "Babe, wake up! It's time to wake 'em ups, Mom!" Dogs licking, licking, jumping around.

And cue open grumpy eyes.

The good news?


Steven and I are buying a house. Contract signed and everything. (This is especially good news, considering the family that moved in with us are no longer getting along with us, and out of the two bills that have come due, they've been roundly unable to pay the significantly larger one. At which point, I was informed that if I didn't come up with the money to cover their half, we'd just have to do without electric, because she "couldn't shit a gold brick, dear." Technically, I could pay it. I could. But, we also have the home inspection, the appraisal fees, and we'll need furniture, and a million other things and I flat don't WANT to.)

The bad news? I'll have well over one hundred and thirty hours--just a hair over 50 hours in overtime. And, I'm beat. I feel like I go to bed half dead and wake up just regular old exhausted.

I even got spanked at one point--though, certainly I deserved it. And, truly, I welcomed it. It was very grounding; normally, Steven doesn't allow me to pick up like that. He knows that it runs me utterly ragged and that I come out of it very much the worse for wear.

But, in this case, I have to. If we want to get out of our present situation and move into a house that's our very, very own...we have to have the funds to do it. That being said, the spanking--though I won't go into details here--was very much a safety net feeling. I'd started to feel rather like I was spiralling. Knowing I was exhausted, Steven was letting more and more slide, and I was getting worse and worse. Really, I like to know the boundaries. To me, they are safe. And, he's safe. And it was safe. And, now, lol, I'm safe.

At any rate, we supposedly close the day before his birthday--we close May 10th. Super excited about that.

But, I have to go to work. I'm sure at some point, I'll get on here and post a legit update...but, for now...


2 comments:

  1. You sound frazzled and excited and happy Grace. I am absolutely thrilled for you...Think you will be much better once you are away from the the negative, energy-sucking leaches.

    Sending lots of prayers and positive energy that the closing goes off perfectly and that you get some much needed rest.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your own home. Sorry you're so tired but that you've been taken care of.

    ReplyDelete