Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Already Infrequent Posts...

Are probably about to get even more infrequent. I was forced to resign this morning from work. They left me zero options, telling me that my "restrictions really leave us no options to make available to you." This cuts our income in half. And, with the condition of my pregnancy, anyway, it's highly unlikely that I'll find another job that will work with school hours, restrictions, and frequent flare-ups that require me to miss work.

That being said, we're trying to bottom-line. We'll be cutting our internet, our gym memberships--anything we can afford to lose, will be gone. It's been a tough decision and an emotionally draining, harrowing experience.

In addition, my step-grandfather passed away quite suddenly. All in all, it's been a tough few weeks.

Still, we're trying to be positive. We had an ultrasound that looked great today--the first where the baby looked like a baby! I had a slight weight gain--which the doctor was thrilled with, considering my morning(yeah, right...afternoon and night sickness, too!) sickness. All of our tests came back great; I get one more check, his has over-time and holiday pay on it. We had a fabulous forth of July(hope ya'll did, too!). Our dogs are doing wonderful--not one fight since the neutering!

Plus, I'm leaning pretty heavily on a WONDERFUL song(if you guys haven't heard it, go check it out...). It's called "Oceans(Where Feet May Fail)". So, all that to say--I'm sorry this is so disjointed. I'm feeling a little adrift. Any good thoughts, prayers, etc. will be much, much appreciated!! :)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QR2KGmL50k   <---Link to that song! :) :) :)

8 comments:

  1. Hey Bea...sorry you lost your job but happy everything is going well for you. Just remember, you can go to the library and get on the internet for free so please try to check in with us so we'll know how all of you are doing. Sending prayers and healing energy.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, I really can't say how encouraging it is to always hear your comforting thoughts on here...I so appreciate it! Don't worry, we'll be checking in! :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh.. So sorry to hear about your job. :0( Take care of yourself and that new little life, everything will work out! Hang in there and keep yourself in a positive state as much as you can. Lots of positive energy and prayers heading your way. :0)

    Hugs,
    Irish Lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! I need all the prayers and positivity I can get! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Grace, hugs! I know a little bit what you're talking about. I had to quit working too, although mine wasn't half of our income. Still though, I feel bad and helpless about it. I hope your symptoms go away, and that you feel better soon. I'd offer grand advice, except I'd be a hypocrite lol. I kind of feel like I'm hanging on by my teeth most days lol until my child is born. We can say it's all worth it though, right? And that God is taking care of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's taking care. :) I'm sorry you're feeling so rough!! And, hypocritical or not, lol, I'll always take the advice! :) :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles and loss you are going through. I am stopping to pray for you and your family, as soon as I end this comment. Our income dropped by 60k dollars between my husband and I. It really was amazing how much money we threw away. We stopped our cable and our phone. We kept our regular cell phones and did not update to IPhones. We got basic netflix. We bought Magic Jack. We do keep our internet service and get all the email, news and weather on it. We stopped eating out so much. We cut down things like not sending Christmas cards to everyone we know. I will shop online, put things in my shopping cart, then go back and delete them..lol. I stopped thinking that I had to give "the very best favorite" gifts, when I give gifts. You'll be surprised how many ways to cut down. Then I filed for social security disability. I was very surprised to get it. I was initially turned down, but was told everyone gets turned down initially. I will pray that God will bless you and your family with all that you need, and then blessings on top of that. I will pray that God will give you wisdom in ways to save money and still live comfortably. I will pray that you will soon be feeling better. May God hold you and yours in the palm of His hand.- Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Belle! We definitely appreciate the prayers. We've cut our internet, our gym membership, our gas budget and food budget as much as possible, and filed for some aid. Thankfully, my mother--ever, ever a blessing!--is going to let me clean my grandmother's house weekly to make a little extra. I'm trying to look at this as a challenge to see if I can find all the ways to cut. That, and to really be praying about finding joy in all circumstances, and looking at this as a way to glorify God through obedience and trust. :) Keep praying for us!! And, we'll(I'll, lol) update as I can. (I was reading through the earlier blog posts the other day and realized this was SUPPOSED to be a shared blog for Steven and I...uh huh. Lol.)

    ReplyDelete