Friday, November 9, 2012

LOL Day!!


Ahem. 

Dear Lurkers--

Once upon a time, 

Eh--around a year ago,

I was surfin' the net--

And oh my, oh oh!! 


What did I find

But a DD blog! 

The idea stunned me

Oh, shock, oh awe!


And, for hours I read,

A lump on a log. 

I cruised through Stormy's,

Then read Clint's blog,


Browsed Christina's, 

And Rogue's, and Bonnie's,

Onto Kay's and then

Found Blondie's! 


I read on and found

Clint's wife, Chelsea,

And, beyond, onto

My dear Jillian Bea. 


There were more,

So many I read--

I loved hearing about

What's inside their heads. 


Then, I started DD and 

My own blog, too...

But still didn't comment

On all the People's I knew. 


Though I'd read their lives,

I'd nothing to say,

Despite sharing their 

Laughs and all their bad days. 


Then Bonnie called out

To lurkers near and far

To speak up, speak out

And it wasn't that hard!


I chose a blog and

With tremblin' fingers

Posted hello, and for

A moment, I lingered. 


Then onto the button

It said, "Submit"

(Word's a tad 

Ironic, now, isn't it?)


But, anyway, 

That's not the point;

I hit it, and the author

Didn't disappoint...


Within a day,

They'd responded--

I had a new friend

We're now correspondents! 


So I said all that

Just to say

That today's your chance!

It's again LOL day! 


I've been there before,

I've lurked too--

But as a blog author,

I'd LOVE to hear from you. 


             Ok, so mostly I'm  just feeling goofy, but I'm serious about leaving me a comment!! Would LOVE to meet you guys and gals!! 

And, again thanks to Bonnie, for her sponsoring of Love Our Lurkers day. :) :)









26 comments:

  1. Cute, cute post!! Happy LOL day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy LOL Day Grace! THe poem is adorable and so are the pics. Not exactly a lurker around here but don't always comment. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thanks, guys. :) Happy LOL day to ya'll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most always read, do not often comment. Happy LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww... you included me in your poem! I'm honoured! I love the cat picture! Happy LOL day, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you're welcome. And, yeah, gotta love those lolcats!

      Delete
  6. I love it,you!! So creative. Happy LOL day to you...cha cha cha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute post! Happy LOL Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So creative and... I'm jealous!
    Happy LOL Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, very creative. HAPPY LOL DAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy LOL day, Grace - I love the kitty up top & the puppy is adorable! Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a very entertaining entry to read, Grace. Nicely done! Thanks for the mention as well! I enjoy your blog and stop by often, even though I rarely comment. Happy LOL Day to you! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    All the best.

    -- Clint

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Grace! That was cute. :)

    Happy LOL Day!

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like a celebrity. Very sweet post. Hope you have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great poem. Hope you LOL Day is good for you.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy LOL 7 Day! Thanks for coming to the party! I love the poem:)

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once I started commenting, I sometime found my comments as long as some people's post. I need to put more of my words on my blog, and shorten my comments. I'm with you, I love so many other people's blog, and can't possibly post a LOL comment on all of them. I love to check in and see how other people are doing, and see what I can learn. It's amazing how my heart actually gathers new friends, people whose face I'll never see, whose name I'll never know, but who I care for and pray for. God Bless You and Yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was cute Grace.

    ReplyDelete