I was working the other night at the restaurant. We were DEAD. I mean, dead dead. Like $100 hours to split between seven servers. And, this guy came in with his wife and sat in my section. Long story short, he ordered a very pricey steak, medium. It came out still partially frozen. Mortified, I took it back and told my cook to please deal with that. He fried it. I mean burnt the crap out of it.
(Only this guy did NOT say well done...)Anywho, this led to a horrible, loud argument between myself and another server, because my manager refused to just recook a steak without trying to serve this twice-wrong steak, and I refused to run it. This girl felt it was her job to correct me. I didn't agree.
By the time I left, I was in tears. I called Steven. His response at the end of my story? "You really do need to work on your flare-ups at work."
Livid, despite the fact I was pulling into our driveway, I hung up on him. Then, I whipped the car around, and went for a bit of a drive, hanging up every time he called. Probably fifteen minutes later, I finally answered.
I was informed that I needed to stop the car right where it was and wait.
(He's getting out, so here's the end of it!)
Long story short, I have been both spanked and grounded...
See ya in a week or so!!
Yikes! Hope the spanking wasn't too bad and the week goes by quickly.
ReplyDeleteOH my word.... I would have reacted the same way!! WOW, I can't believe they wouldn't re do the steak! I work in a food related business as well and my boss would be so mad at our cooks. I think you did the right thing, I mean, the customer is always right, and it wouldn't be good business to serve him something he didn't order... (ok I'm rambling) But anyways, I would have done that whole hang up thing as well to me hubby, I'd be steamed!! I tend to be a hot head when I'm upset.
ReplyDeleteSorry you got spanked and grounded. :(
Ooh Ouch and double ouch! I do understand why you were frustrated at work but sheesh woman - hanging up on Steven and more than once!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you got spanked and hope the grounding is less than a week. We'll miss you.
Blessings,
Cat
Hope your week goes by fast. I think you were right to be angry.
ReplyDeleteBye Grace! I totally understand the anger. I guess Stephen is right in suggesting that it needs to be handled a bit differently. Here's hoping that you come up with some good ideas this week.
ReplyDeleteI understand the anger at work, too. Firstly it was not the girls place to involve herself; secondly t=your job to is ensure customer satisfaction and the customer clearly stated they were unhappy with the way it was cooked. Maybe next time, you could ask the manager to accompany you, saying that the customer was quite clear, and you'd appreciate the backup. That's really good forma anyway - Sorry, Sir/Ma'am, that your meal wasn't cooked properly, here accept this blabbity-blabbity-blah.
ReplyDeleteAs far as hanging up O_o I understand that you wanted him to back you up, but I think you'd be talking to a butt-less girl if I hung up on my Daddy, even once. Maybe you could ask Steven - while it is his job to help you make corrections to behavior that is not helpful to you (getting stressed out), you would appreciate that he not reprimand you, but be positively supportive and offer suggestions on how you can do it differently. When you are already upset is not the time really for your support system to reprimand you as well. He may not have understood how deeply affected you were by it... remember they don't get as emotional as we do...that whole Mars/Venus thing.
I hope it wasn't too terribly awful, and I hope that you are both in a better place. And we'll miss ya!
Hey, guys! Firstly, I have permission to respond..just so we're all on the same page, lol. Thanks for all the understanding. :) It was incredibly frustrating. June, I DID ask the manager to go. He blew me off. Hence the show-down with the other server. As to hanging up, hopefully, I won't be making that same mistake, because, let me assure you, June, I am quite "butt-less."
ReplyDeleteOh golly Ned - really bad form on the managers part - maybe a general manager or the owner? Dude shouldn't be managing if he doesn't want to lead.
DeleteYou have to have some outlet for anger right now. Even Jesus, himself, expressed anger when the money changers were in the church. His words were not what you needed. I see the reason for the punishment, but I hope that you will talk to your husband about what you needed at the time. Tell him the reason you called him, and what you needed, and how right now you need to know he's there for you more now than ever. Make it a calm, sweet talk, and not an accusing talk, or write it down for him. He's going to have to be a soft place to fall right now. You continue to be in my prayers, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteUgh - so sorry for the work drama. That totally stinks and was a ridiculous situation for you to have to handle!!
ReplyDelete