Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Gas Rule Strikes Again

In my last post, I discussed a new rule that Steven had put into place: the "I can't go below a quarter tank" rule.

Three days ago, I broke it.

In horror, I watched as the little needle slipped further and further down, and finally, dipped below the quarter tank line. Since there is a stricter punishment for dropping below and not mentioning it, I drug myself inside to face the music.

"Babe...."

"Mm?"

"I...wellllll...."

"Gas? Already?"

And, I got spanked. I swore up and down, whilst facing the hardwood, that I'd get gas the next morning, the very first thing, if only he'd stop spanking me.

It took forever, and wasn't based at all on my pleadings, but he stopped.

We went on about our night. And, the next day--

I drove straight to work.

It wasn't until I pulled into our driveway that I noticed--not only had I forgotten to put the gas above a quarter tank, the gas light was actually on!

"Babe......."

"You forgot."

And, the spoon danced again on my backside. (This is getting a bit repetitive, I know...welcome to my butt's world.)

And, then, yesterday--

 I drove straight to work.

We ended up going to my ex-step-dad's, so we left my car at work.

There are no guarantees that when I turn the key, it'll even come on.

And, yep--

I met the spoon again.

Sigh.

SOOO not my favorite rule.

:(

6 comments:

  1. Ok here's an idea...get some gas. :) Helpful tips by Jillian Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the worlds worst for running the diesel down to the bare minimum........... well actually.......... turns out I'm not :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo sorry. You should get an extra gas can and keep it handy. It might help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I know from your writing that you are very busy. What if you asked him to fill your car for you, before it gets low?
    Often my husband will notice the gas is low in my car,and fill it for me. (I am not so good at that either) If my husband is really busy I try and think about filling the car for him. That may help a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad had a rule and he used this phrase "the car runs just as well on the top half of the tank". Got grounded from the car for 2 weeks when I forgot and that's a tragedy for a 16 year old! :) Now it's just a habit that when the tank reaches just above 1/2, I start plannng a fillup.

    Here's a suggestion, when you see your tank hit 1/2, and you can't fill up right away, keep a pad of post-it notes in your car a stick one on the glass over your speedometer. Next time you get in the car, it will remind you to fill up. This way, you give yourself a bit of leeway and hopefully save your tush.

    Good Luck,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor thing! You need sticky notes for your car or something like that.

    Hoping this week goes better.

    ReplyDelete