Monday, August 6, 2012

Dah Dah Duuuuuuummm

We have a new rule.

It's a toughie.

And, ya'll may make fun of me for struggling with it.

But, the truth is--the rule was made two days ago, (the night Steven returned from Bristol), and I've already broken it once.

Now, I'm not malicious with the breaking of this rule. I don't MEAN to break it. I just...am not very good with it.

It's the GAS rule.

I can't go below a quarter tank. I know, I know, that sounds stupid.  But, I run out of gas(his definition of running out, not mine) ALL the time.

My definition: My car is stopped dead in the road and will not turn back on or move forward.

His definition: My car hiccups whilst the gauge points to E.

My car will die three times and continue--it's not til the fourth time that the engine cuts out for good.

You can see where we might have a butting of the heads at this.

But, I'm beginning to think he might be serious about it. My reasoning?

I'm serious about this, Grace! It's time you start listening to me about this! If your gas gauge drops below a quarter tank, you may as well stop the car, turn it off, and sit there, because you're in trouble. To you, that quarter marker is as good as dead stop empty. 

Ew.

What else is there to say about that?

Except maybe "ouch".

 

2 comments:

  1. I would be in trouble with that rule. I generally don't put gas in my car until the gas light comes on. It comes on at 1/8 tank so I've never ran out of gas, but Steve does fuss when he gets in it and the light comes on as soon as he takes off driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems to be a rule with lots of you gals.
    Now me, I never ever run out of gas or ignore the below the quarter tank rule. LOL.

    Love the kitty kat pic.

    ReplyDelete