Saturday, August 4, 2012

Off To The Races!

And just like that, Steven's off to the races!

He's in Bristol today. And last night. And for a good portion of tonight.

Ya know, I've often read Stormy's posts about missing the Ogre, and thought to myself, "Man. That's really sad. I mean, really, that sucks. I'm sure glad Steven never leaves overnight, I think I'd just hate that."

Well, the votes are in: I do really hate that. It does really suck.

I tossed and turned for a very good portion of the night; which, coincidentally, I stayed with my Mom last night. I was in my old bed, with the dog I was raised with. Tucker must have thought I'd completely lost my mind. Periodically, I'd wake up, grab for my phone, shoot off a text to Steven, and roll back over to try and sleep.

Let's just say--I'm glad he'll be home tonight. I miss him dreadfully; our boys miss him, too. Diesel keeps going to the door and the window and looking out into the driveway. He's traipsed around the house several times since I got home; when he finishes a circuit, he comes back over to me and looks up at me like, "Uhm...isn't someone missing here?"

Blegh.

I think that's all I've got for today, since my mind is preoccupied with his absence. Maybe next post will be cheerier.


1 comment: