Ok, so
I thought his use of alliteration was clever, so I went ahead and stuck with it
for this next post. :)
First
and foremost, completely unrelated to DD: I got pulled over today. Even though
this cop had me on a seatbelt violation, speeding, an illegal U-Turn(which was
really a left-hand turn…just saying), texting, and expired tags…I still didn’t
get a ticket. THAT is skill.
In my
defense, I didn’t know it was illegal to turn there. Apparently, there used to
be a sign, but some skateboarders took it down. And, as to the speeding,
texting, and seatbelt—I have to guess he just didn’t see them, because he didn’t
comment.
And
the tags? I had those in my car…in the glove box. I’d just never stuck them on
the license plate. So. Talk about a close call there! I could have wound up
using my whole blessed pay check in tickets, if he’d tried—and instead, he put
the tags on my car for me!
…I
think it helped that he thought I was nuts. See, I’m an interpreting major. And…I
have a project due, a story I have to sign tonight at five. I hadn’t actually
started, so I figured why waste time? So, while he was running my tags, I was
practicing this story. He came up and saw me waving my hands around and talking
to myself…well…who knows what the poor man thought…
And,
now, onward to the Pet Peeves portion of this post!! Eye contact. If I’m having
a conversation with you, I don’t think it’s such a stretch for you to look me
in the eye.
Or,
you know, at least glance up every now and then and PRETEND to have some kind
of interest in what I have to say. I know that Connect-the-dots on the smart
phone is a fun game, but…hey, the real world doesn’t live in that damn phone.
I
have lost count of the number of times that I’ve informed Steven how much I
hate that. He can have a full-length conversation with me. He can provide
input. Insight. Clever, witty remarks.
And
never once look at you. Why?
The
phone. A text. A game. The computer. The television. (Even when the dumb thing
is on mute. UGH! )
I
swear. It makes me want to break every electronic device in the house. How hard
is a freakin’ glance???
GRR!



I just wanted to let you know that I've read your blog today (the first day I came across it). It's nice to find another one that helps me to feel "normal", and yet doesn't make me feel like I'm looking at something I shouldn't (such as certain photos)... Thanks for sharing. Totally know the feeling of getting stopped by police. I am a bit heavy footed. I only got a ticket once. It was for no seatbelt, although I was wearing one. The officer had pitty and said it would be much cheaper than the speeding ticket I would have gotten. Thank God I haven't been stopped since starting ttwd. God Bless you and yours, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteHey, Belle!
DeleteThanks for commenting! Yeah, the police and I...we're not buddies lol. I'm WAY heavy footed. Fortunately for me, Steven says if I don't get a ticket, I'm not in trouble for getting pulled over(I think because he has something of a lead-foot also... ;) ).
As far as feeling "normal", I sometimes don't lol, but I know it works for me, and it works for us, and if it works for you, too, lol, I just don't see a problem with it. :)