So, taking this QUICK moment to say how much I love him, and how thankful I am that he was born today...only, it wasn't today, it was 21 years ago!
We spent the whole day together, sun up to sun down, out in the park with his family and our close friends. We played volleyball, frisbee(a little), and swam in the lake. I watched the guys play corn hole, and we opened gifts. Quite a few of our deaf friends came, and it was nice to mingle, all of us together.
CAN I just say, by the way, before we went, we stopped by a small restaurant for breakfast. The servers there knew Steven from way back, and said he could have a free desert, being that it was his birthday and all. We weren't going to have time to eat it, so they offered to let us take it with us.
Instead, when we went up to the cash register to pay, he pointed to a little old couple that had been sitting in the table next to us.
"It's my birthday, and I've been told I get a free desert. If it's at all possible," he told the woman at the register, "I'd like to give it to the couple sitting there."
Yep, guys and gals...
I've found a good man.
Happy 21st Birthday to the absolute love of my life and best friend: Steven!! :)
(I kind of had to! :P)
Happy, Happy Birthday to Steven! 21 is a special age! Sounds like a lovely day with your love, Grace!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet man you have there!
ReplyDeleteIt was, thank you! And Steven says thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
ReplyDelete