Steven was denied for his financial aid. He can't go to school until the summer, when we can pay for it outright. The downside? This delays our move and adds another thing we need to save for. The upside? We have more time to save, and we have another chance to strengthen our relationship and marriage through pushing through a difficult sort of time.
Our dogs took sizable chunks out of one another. Downside? Uhm, they tore each other up. And, I don't feel as though I can trust them alone. The upside? They finally have a date set to get fixed, something that had kind of fallen to the wayside, in light of their easy going temperaments.
Steven got a promotion. All upside there. A raise, and a move up into a preferable position. :)
School starts back on Tuesday. This is a plus, because I'm finally moving foward, and I can stop working myself into the ground--which is what I do when I don't have school. It's a down, because...geez, I don't want to go back to school.
And the list just keeps going on. I'm feeling like I don't have a lot of control over my life right now, and, unfortunately...it's an easy thing to guess how I respond to the stress...I spiral, spin out. My temper frays, my housework goes uncompleted(largely, in this case, because our heat has been out for nearly two weeks, and they can't come to fix it until Wednesday...it's just been too dang cold to work around the house this past little bit. But....WEDNESDAY!! Woot, woot!! T minus two days!). I feel the need to work more and more and more, and I lose sight of my relationships. Steven has finally started yanking me back down to earth, and I'm grateful for it. Even if it means my hand cramps from writing lines(seriously. one of my LEAST favorite things to do! Especially since he doesn't do the whole, short "I will stop...blah blah blah" kind of line. Ooooh, no. His is all, "I understand that my attitude has had detrimental effects on myself, my husband, and our relationship. It is within my ability to change my attitude, and I will do so immediately.") ((Makes me shudder just remembering how long THAT took)), and I'm super sore when I sit, also. He just goes to being super strict about everything. There's no leeway, no wiggle room, no leniency, no easing off, or reducing punishments...it's just been no fun at all.
I still feel a little out of control, but...at the same time, I'm comforted to know at least ONE of us is in control and calm about everything.
So...
Yeah.
On that note, hoping everyone else is having a good start to the new year....it's nearly time for bed for me!!
Sorry to hear you are so stressed but at least you are looking for the upside of things and not only concentrating on the down. As for school, once you are through it you will be so glad you finished. I wish I had finished.
ReplyDeletelove
sara
I'm hoping it won't be bad...last semester it wasn't. It's not so much that it's difficult, it's just time-consuming and kind of a "one more thing mentality." I look at it the same way I'm looking at work. "It's one day. It's today. And, today is the difference between being comfortable later, and not having. It's going to be a good day." Or, I'm trying to, anyway. :) And, hey, girl, you can ALWAYS go back. Why don't you? If you wished you had finished?
DeleteFocus on the good things and the bad ones won't seem so horrible. Things will smoothe out soon, they always do.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Leigh, focus on the good things. You know the old song "accentuate the positive to eliminate the negative" - I know, easier said then done but at least your are seeing both sides of the coin. It is nice to know that someone is in control when feeling out of control. Sorry about the financial aid, that really stinks. And I hope that he doesn't make you write many lines while you are doing homework.
ReplyDelete