Don't know if I've mentioned that nearly often enough, but it's true.
I love him, and I love our relationship--it's fun and quirky, and I know that this man was made for me. (At some point, I'm going to write up another little He Said, She Said type thing, just for kicks, but today...today I just want to say how special he made me feel.)

Today is my birthday. I'm 23 years old.
And, today, when I pulled in the driveway, he met me outside and clapped his hands over my eyes so I couldn't peek. He led me inside, closed the door behind us, and told me I could look.

A big Happy Birthday banner was strewn up across our kitchen. Bright, happy yellow balloons floated in clumps around the kitchen and the living room. Yellow cupcakes with sprinkles of all colors waited on the counter, a candle in each, already lit and waiting. Two new fleece blankets/throws were stacked up right beside, with a "The Princess Bride" DVD sitting atop them, inviting a date night curled up on the couch.
Behind that were a dozen white roses in a beautiful new vase.
(Aren't they gorgeous??)
I was so incredibly touched; it was sweet and romantic, and a bit outside our normal interactions, which made it all the more special.
"Better blow out your candles, before the wax gets on the cupcakes," he said, tone a little bemused when I couldn't stop hugging and kissing him.
I did--it was a little rough--I almost didn't get them all out on the first go! I managed, though, and we took turns licking all the icing off the ends of the candles. He then informed me he was making chicken pot pie for dinner(my fav!), and that there was something better yet.
"Close your eyes!" he demanded. This time, he didn't have to cover them for me; I did it myself. I heard the freezer door slide open, and had to fight the urge to peek. I mean, seriously, what surprise goes in a freezer??
A Chadwick Churn Cookies 'n' Cream ice cream cake goes in there!!
I love ice cream.
Like, ya'll can't understand. Before we were being all healthy, I ate ice cream every single night. We never had less than three flavors. It has been my biggest sacrifice to the Health Monster. And Chadwick's Churn...
Oh, my goodness...
It is the BEST ice cream in the world.
It beats Baskin Robbins and BlueBell.
Kills Kay's.
Even blasts Ben and Jerry's away.
It is FABULOUS.
And, it, along with my husband, our furbabies, a good movie, and some chicken pot pie is in there waiting on me. :)
All that to say--
He rocked this birthday. I am so grateful for how picked, how chosen, how special he made me feel today. He's wonderful. Absolutely takes my breath away sometimes, honestly.
And, today, as much as I ever have, I'm so very aware that I'm blessed.
:) :)

Sounds like a perfect Birthday. Happy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Enjoy your yummy icecream!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Grace! Congratulations on your awesome celebration!
ReplyDeleteBlessings...
Cat
YAY! Happy Birthday!!! I can see that it's a magically wonderful one :D
ReplyDeleteCallie