*While being tickled fiercely* "Ow, ow, ow, ow, Steven, Steven, Steven, stop! Ow! Ow! That hurts!" *A pause, and a skeptical look*
"Babe. Do you know what happens when you cry wolf?"
"No one believes you anymore?"
"You die."
"What? That's not true!"
"Really? What happened to the boy, when the wolf came back?"
"No one believed him."
"And...so, what happened then?"
"Well....."
"Well? ....That's right. He DIED. You cry wolf, you die. I told you."
"So...what do you want to do today?" ...after lenghty discussion
"I dunno..We could go play at the park."--Me
"Yeah?"--Steven
"Yeah, and we could take a picnic!"
"That sounds good."
"And, the boys! We could take the boys!"
"Uh huh."
"And, put them on slides and take pictures of them!"--Me
"....Uhm....ok...whatever floats your boat."
Looking at a picture of a baby, captioned, "Mmm, the wonderful smell of a baby."
"Babe, come look! Isn't this sweet?" --Me
"'Mmm...the wonderful smell of a baby?'" he snorted. "Sounds very Hansel and Gretel-ish of them."
Long story short, we bought a new fridge, the delivery kept falling through, it was the day of, we knew it wasn't going to fit in our doorway, and I was FREAKING out.
"Babe," Steven said, "Don't worry. I have this covered. I hired someone." Cue narrowed eyes.
"A respectable someone?"
"Yep, licensed, respectable company."
"Oh, yeah? What's it called?"
"...Eric and Sons. It's Eric. And his sons." (I later discovered this was completely fictional, but as my fridge was installed anyway, I didn't mind.)
I switched to night shift. I was off for the night, though, and it was four am.
"Hey, babe?" --Me. Him, snort, snuffle, sniffle.
"Mm?"
"You wanna watch a Nikita?"
"..No."
"Oh." Minutes tick by.
"Babe?"
"Mmm?"
"Are you hungry?"
"No." A heartbeat of silence.
"You mean, you don't want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"
"Definitely not."
"Oh. Not even with chips?" A muffled growl. "Babe? What's wrong?"
"Oh, nothing. It's just...sometimes, you need to be shaken."
"Oh. Is that all?....does that mean your going to make sandwiches?"
"I love you, baby."
"I love you too...what did you do?" Me, laughing.
"Nothing. I'm just saying."
PROOF that I'm beginning to see Dapples of daylight after our recent stormy season. Plus, we have acquired another little lovebug for our small family. That brings us up to a Boxer, a Dane, a cat, and a Doberman. :) Love my boys!
Thanks for hanging in there with us!
~~Grace
What a fun post! I love the interactions :)
ReplyDeleteAlso - I love Dobes! We had them growing up. Such loving dogs. Actually, I love all those breeds, I just like bigger dogs in general.
Oh and I have some babies you can smell.. LOL
Good grief that's a lot of poop. :) sounds delovely.
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed that everything continues going beautifully.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute post Grace. Hope the sunlight continues to shine. :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cat
Thanks for putting a smile on my face
ReplyDeleteWonderful news to read :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Warms my heart. - Hugs and prayers, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteThese were fun Grace. Really glad that you are both seeing some light.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the sun is shining, Grace. Spring has been a long time coming.
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
You two sound very sweet and witty! A nice combo!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks, guys!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I've certainly been enjoying the return to happy banter. :)
ReplyDelete