Friday, August 22, 2014

It's A....

GIRL! Steven and I have now had two different ultrasounds, both of which confirmed my suspicions that we were having a little girl. :)

Honestly, the idea of that was shocking at first--we both really wanted a boy, and never really even considered the possibility of it being anything OTHER than a boy...Right up until about 15 weeks when I started that bleeding. When I had my ultrasound and there were no little boy parts, less than a week before we were supposed to be able to tell what it was, I thought to myself, "Oh, man...this is NOT a boy." Steven disagreed, and held on to his boy beliefs right up until the ultrasound that proved me right--sort of, anyway. He was awfully willing to start looking at girl names when I suggested it! I expected to be almost disappointed when I found out it was girl; I don't feel like a very good girl, myself, and all the "what in the world am I going to do with a girl thoughts" were hitting hard. Instead, I found myself strangely delighted. She's old enough in utero now to hear me, and I rather enjoy working around the house, talking to my little girl. And day dreaming about the all possibilities in store for her--that's another favorite activity! But...all that to say--we were both thrilled and have really enjoyed the whole idea of our little miss.


((Any tips would still be greatly appreciated...the notion of having a child, of naming another human being and being totally responsible for them catches me off guard some days!))

3 comments:

  1. Awwww you will be fine. It is exciting. I have 2boys and a girl. Idk if I have any tips lol my youngest being a girl is not a girly girl.. we go 50/50 some days she wears skirts and some days basketball shorts.. she paints her nails but blue is her fav color lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Grace and Steven! Here's the best advice I can give you...you are an imperfect human...you will make mistakes but you are good people and will be wonderful parents. When my oldest used to complain that I treated my youngest different at a particular age, my comment was "I learned from my mistakes with you...am now making a whole new set of mistakes and if I were to have another child, I would make a brand new set of mistakes!" Go rent the movie "Yours, Mine and Ours"...the original with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda and just breathe. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you! We also had planned on a boy, name and all, and were quite surprised to find out we were having a girl! :) We ended up going through the girl index of a baby name book, and it took until we got to "g" before we found her name! :) You'll probably be getting ALOT of advice from people, but my best advice to you is to find out what works for you as a mommy and go with it. We haven't followed really any of the traditional wisdom on babies/children....we're doing it our way. I've had to hear about it, but stuck to it and eventually people have come to respect that I know whats best for my child, and you will too! :) :) Just stay calm, relax, get help from people when you need it (that doesn't mean others hold/play with the baby while you do chores- ask them to do it so you can rest and be with the baby, anyone who is truly there to help won't mind). Above all, trust yourself...you're gonna be fine! :)

    ~sugar

    ReplyDelete