Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One Frustrated Fur-Momma

Do NOT bring your dog aggressive dogs to an off-leash dog park.

It says that, right on the front gate.

That means, if your dog is going at my Boxer, through the gate, before you even get him off leash or let him in:

Don't let him in. (Does that look like a face that should be attacked?)

If you get your dog in the dog park, and it is snapping and growling and its hackles are up:

Take him back out.

If you have two German Shepherds that are huge and behaving in such a manner:

Get them out faster.

Ya'll know I don't have a problem with big dogs. I really don't. In fact, they're my "dogs of choice." But, for crying out loud! These people! (He's cute. You can say it. Sweet Diesel boy).

That DOESN'T mean take them off their leash and let them go after my eight year old Great Dane.

That DOESN'T mean watch as they go after him with teeth bared and hackles raised, sounding like a chain saw. (Does he look up to defending himself from bratty dogs, uncontrolled by their stupid owners? Of course not. He's all love.)

It sure doesn't mean watch as they broadside him into the mud, and only allow him up to limp away, bleeding from the tail and his legs scraped up and covered in mud.

And, for God's sake, if all that DOES happen--

TAKE THEM OUT THEN.

Do NOT leave them in the park to torment my babies!!

Blue-dog is ok. His tail is the worst scraped, and his joints are a little sore. Thankfully, we gave him a puppy pain pill and rinsed out his scrapes. His precious tail has lost some hair, and he's tired and sore. But, thankfully, he's ok.

I apologize for this completely unrelated to anything rant.

But, I'm not a dog hover mom. I believe dogs will mostly work it out themselves if given half a chance.

EXCEPT with Blue-dog. He's my rescue puppy..my old love. My cuddle-bug during the day when I'm the only one in bed.

He's my sweetheart who stays right by me, walking at the dog park, rather than out mingling. Every now and then, he'll play, but mostly, he just wants me or Steven.

And, I can't handle him getting picked on.

Rant over.

Sorry again.

Tomorrow, I'll post an update on life in general or something and leave the dog park rants to some other frustrated fur-momma.



3 comments:

  1. I totally understand ths one. There is nothing worse than having your dog attacked and the owners pretty much not caring. When my baby boy Labrador is hurt I cry with him, it's horrible.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, poor puppies! I hope you can find a new park with better pet owners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel about your baby. I always feel and felt that way about any "furry" person that entered my life. You are their champion. Shame on the others, they are just bullies.

    ReplyDelete